What if all the devices in your life could connect to the internet? Not just computers and smartphones, but everything: clocks, speakers, lights, doorbells, cameras, windows, window blinds, hot water heaters, appliances, cooking utensils, you name it. And what if those devices could all communicate and it’s a key component of home automation and smart homes.
Aside from creating a smart home, these devices make fantastic gifts this holiday season. So without further ado, check out our curated list of some of the home technology products that you can buy on Adorama today.
1.Amazon Echo ($119.99)
Amazon Echo that recently launched is our favorite waterproof speaker available today. It has a beautiful design and finishes, great audio quality, top-notch battery life, and a host of neat features you can access via a smartphone app.
The Echo can connect to many other smart home devices via Alexa directly (including its smaller versions like the Echo Dot), making it a great starter product for anybody who wants to build an automated home. Or you can stick with it for a while and enjoy how it can answer questions, set alarms for you, make calls, recall and update your grocery list, or simply fill your room with 360-degree audio — without leaving your couch.
- Far-Field Voice Control Technology
- Wi-Fi & Bluetooth Connectivity
- Built-In Amazon Alexa Voice Service
- 3.5mm (1/8”) Audio Input/Output Connector
- One 3″ Woofer, One 1.32″ Tweeter
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi & Bluetooth Connectivity
- Compatible with Fire OS, Android, & iOS via Alexa
Ecobee4 that has a smart thermostat stand at the second of every list of the best smart home devices.Aside from its sleek design and ease of use, this latest version of the Ecobee features multiple sensors that help detect and reduce hot or cold spots in rooms.
With the support of Alexa-enabled, The Ecobee4 works as an Amazon speaker that can play your favorite music and control other devices on its own. We also recommend placing several of it around your home if you want optimal temperature measurements and control via voice command.
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Standard
- 3.5″ (320×480) Full-Color LCD Touch Screen Display
- Senses Temperature/Humidity/Occupancy/Proximity
- Far-Field Voice Recognition Technology
- Built-in Alexa Voice Service
- Built-In Microphones & Speaker
- WPA/WPA2 & WEP Security
3.Amazon Cloud Cam ($119.99)
The Amazon Cloud Cam is an affordable security camera without breaking banking and store live video feeds at 1080p resolution. It can more appealing than other smart home security cameras and devices because it can easily be installed in any room of the house to get real-time motion notifications. It also offers free round-the-clock clip storage.
Once you become a subscriber to Amazon Cloud, the small Cloud Cam can be set to monitor specific motion zones and receive person alerts. It even comes in white and with its own stand, so you can discreetly place it in between bookshelves and other parts of the house. A reliable and easy-to-use device such as this would definitely make an excellent gift for a loved one this year.
- 1080p Full HD Video at 30fps
- 120° Diagonal Field of View
- One RGB & Eight IR LEDs
- Built-In Microphone & Speaker
- Ambient Light Sensor
- Wi-Fi & BTLE Connectivity
- MicroUSB Port for Power
- Compatible with iOS & Android via Cloud CamApp
4.Philips Hue Starter Kit ()
If you are looking for a smart speaker or smart lights for the house, the Philips Hue ecosystem is the best choice for you. With Alexa, IFTTT, and even Siri, you can command to control not only the intensity of lights in every part of the house but also the color.
Aside from being the most flexible option among other smart bulbs out there, it can be set to give off a certain color or brightness level along with your alarm or be synced with your music. There are even different apps with certain features like selectable themes or “scenes.” The Christmas and Disco themes are definitely a must-try this season!
- Includes Hue Bridge & Two Hue A19 Single Bulbs
- 600 Lumens (9.5W) Brightness
- Expandable up to 50 Philips Bulbs (Per Bridge)
- Works with Alexa, Google Assistant & HomeKit Ecosystems
- Compatible with iOS & Android Mobile Devices
Related: Hotstar Premium Cookies
5.Qardio QardioBase 2 ($129.99)
If you plan to be more serious about your home automation plans, a hub could be what you’re looking for.Qardio’s second generation of the Qardiobase is a smart scale and body analyzer that’s great for monitoring your BMI, fat, water, muscle mass, bone composition, as well as pregnancy. The info also gets sent to an app on your smartphone for easy access.
The new model features everything that the original Qardiobase was well-received for, including a wider base to fit people with larger feet, an enhanced sensor system for quicker and more accurate readings, a brighter and crisper screen that displays the digits, and an embedded rechargeable battery that can last up to 12 months with every charge.
- Measures Weight, BMI, Body Fat
- Measures Muscle/Bone/Water Composition
- Automatically Detects Different Users
- Shows Name & Results on Built-In LED Display
- Pregnancy & Pacemaker Modes
- Works with Qardio App for Tracking Progress
- Compatible with Other Fitness Apps
It’s safe to say that home automation has finally arrived. After years of just dreaming about it, there is now a wide variety of gadgets that can control everything — from lights and room temperature to door locks and window shades — with the push of a button, tap on a screen, or voice command. We believe that the best home technology products helping many utilities for your smart home. Besides, you can read more about Technology News or Technology website like Giant Gist.