It’s that time of year once again; time for vacations, holidays in the sun, and of course the time to show off your hard-earned beach body.But before you start packing for your vacation, you realize that you need a new swimsuit to compliment your body. Don’t worry, there are so many styles to choose from.
Which style is right for me?
You need to get a swimming suit that is made for your body type. Everyone is blessed with a beautiful body with different proportions. With all the styles of swim suits, from a one-piece, to a tie-up, to a bikini style, silhouettes, Brazilian style, bows, knots, belts – it all depends on your body shape and what style makes you feel most comfortable.
What are some tips I should consider while getting a swimsuit?
Here are some Do’s and Don’ts that you should consider when looking to get a swimming suit.
DO: Step out of your comfort zone and try on different styles.
DO: Get the smaller size when confused, swimsuits tend to stretch with water and wear.
DO: Love and respect your body, and wear what makes you feel beautiful and comfortable.
DON’T: Don’t get a silhouette that doesn’t fit, or buy it just because it’s a trend. Know your body and wear what flatters your figure.
DON’T: Don’t go and buy a bigger size because you think it will make your cleavage look bigger, that is a myth. Take what you have and work with it.
How do I know about my body-shape and style?
You have a figure that belongs to a certain category, you may have an hour-glass figure, while others may be more on the athletic-figure side. Some of you rock a pear-shape while some are petite. Know your body shape and you’ll get to know which type of swimming suit suits you and what swimwear brands you like, along with an idea of colors and prints that make you glow. Now you’re wondering about your body type, no need to search further, keep reading, it’s all here.
Lucky for you, we’ve put together a list of all the different body shapes and the swimming suits that are made for them, and tips and tricks by celebrities who resemble your figure.
- Pear shape:You’ve got curves in all the right places, curvy at the hips and smaller at the top like your girl Beyoncé. The key to looking for a swimsuit for a pear-shaped body is to balance your proportions. Go for a plunging neckline, drawing attention to your cleavage and minimize the bottom for the perfect balance. You can go for exotic bikini prints, ruffled necklines, or a vibrant one-piece. You will be turning up the heat on the beach.
- Small bust:You have a smaller cup size and have a petite figure like Ariana Grande. What you’re looking for is something with minimal coverage and embellished details. You can go all out while styling your swimsuit. A triangle top is great to help show off some cleavage. You can look into bows, floral prints and ruffles for a super cute look.
- Large bust:You have been blessed with ample cleavage, which makes any swimming suit look a thousand times more attractive but keep in mind that you do need extra support up top, your figure is like Sofia Vergara. You lucky gal. Now what would be perfect for you would be a swimsuit with thicker straps to provide more support. You can flaunt a one-piece with under-wire support, a hot red single and of course, you would rock a Brazilian bikini bottom with a cute top.
- Curvy:You are a total hour-glass figure hottie. Full bust, tiny waist and curvy hips, your figure is like Kim Kardashian. Highlight your curves, flaunt what you got. A great trick for a curvy figure is to color-block to enhance your shape. Asymmetrical suits will give you the look you’re going for. You can pull off a one-piece, a bikini top and bottom, anything that makes you feel comfortable, there’s nothing you can’t rock. Go for it.
- Athletic:You have a straight figure with your natural curves here and there. Your body shape matches Jennifer Aniston. What you want to do is up your curve game. You know they’rethere, you just need to flaunt them. Go for suits with minimal coverage to create the illusion of a fuller, curvier figure. Go big on ruffles on the top and bottom, colors that pop, vibrant prints, you can make even a simple swimsuit look super-hot.
- Tummy-concealing: Your body type is more towards an apple shape, which means you carry most of your weight in the middle. You want to make your stomach look flat and are probably thinking of one-pieces. While that is a brilliant way to show off your beautiful body, you can totally rock a two-piece. Try out wrap-style tops, they tend to create a waist-look that you will love, another in-style hot piece to try is a high-waisted bottom, they are so cute, cover up your lower tummy and make you look super sexy. Another great look is a belt-style silhouette, it will bring out your best features and you’ll be in love with the chic look.
The key is to be confident and comfortable in your skin. You can rock anything, just look at yourself and value your beauty.