Tablets are handheld devices mainly used for entertainment purposes, reading newspapers, watching movies … and are from 7 to 13 inches in size, with many different designs. With the strong development of information technology, hundreds of tablets have appeared on the market and it can be overwhelming to choose a suitable one. Here are some best tips to buy the right tablet on Black Friday without breaking the bank.
1. Choose the right aspect ratio
Among the current tablet models, it’s easy to see that they are divided into two types of sizes: a longer one, and a more square one. In particular, the “square” most of Apple’s iPad with a 4: 3 screen ratio while the “longer” ones are tablets running Android or Windows platform with the ratio of 16: 9 or 16:10.
To distinguish this, first of all, we need to know two display modes of the tablet, which is portrait mode and rotate the screen horizontally. When we pan, we can clearly see the difference between 4: 3 and 16: 9 aspect ratios.
Accordingly, the 4: 3 ratio is almost the same as the ratio of the old CRT screens, while 16: 9 / 16:10 is often used on widescreen TVs, laptops, and most smartphones today.
2. Choose the right tablet size
Starting from 7 inches to 13 inches, tablets are now extremely diverse in both size and shape. Even the iPad comes in three sizes while the iPhone only has two. So you need to choose the tablet that depends on what your intended use is.
Tablet size from 7 inch – 7.7 inch
With its small size and mobility, the mini-tablet will fit the following subjects:
- If you have a small screen smartphone (from 4 inches to 4.5 inches)
- If you travel frequently and want to bring your tablet. At that time, no size comparable to the convenience that mini tablets brought.
- If you want to use a tablet instead of a smartphone in some cases. Then, select the tablet model that supports SIM insert.
Tablet size from 7.9 inches – 9 inches
Tablets in this size range will fit the user audience
- Use smartphones with screens from 4.5 inches to 5.2 inches (such as iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy S6 or Moto X).
- If you like comic books, because the 8-inch size combined with a 16: 9 screen ratio will help you hold the tablet with one hand to follow the story easily.
- If you require the tablet must: compact, healthy battery, capable of playing games, surfing the web, good entertainment.
Tablet size from 9.7 inch – 10.1 inch
Consider buying a tablet from 9.7 inches to 10.1 inches if you:
- Use smartphones with sizes from over 5 inches. You must be a fan of mobile devices with large screens for entertainment.
- You mainly use the tablet at home. The reason is that the size makes them heavy and difficult to turn if you have to go from one place to another.
- If you want a temporary replacement for laptops because some 10-inch tablet models allow users to attach an external keyboard.
Tablet size from 11 inches – 13 inches
You should buy 11 – 13-inch tablets if:
- You do not have a laptop and want to use the hybrid tablet to replace the functions of both laptops and tablets.
- If your laptop is too heavy, and you want a lighter, more portable device.
- You want to catch the trend, and experience the latest features of the hybrid tablet line.
3. Buy tablets at the sale season
Black Friday is the best time to buy a tablet with the deepest price. On Black Friday, many famous tablet brands offer great deals up to 50% off.
On Black Friday 2019, you can buy good tablets at Amazon, Target, Walmart, Best Buy, and more official stores. They often give attractive deals on Black Friday. Normally, technology items are very expensive, so this is the best opportunity for you to own them.
Black Friday is an opportunity for brands to launch promotion programs with attractive products. So try to get tablet Black Friday deals to save money when buying this item.