Pizza is one of the best suitable foods for this busy world. Pizza is a decisive trend and this simple dish is an attractive feature among the young generation. It is not a difficult dish to make, they are very fast dishes that can be prepared in minutes. The main ingredients in pizza are always cheese and vegetables. Also the spices are added depending on the arrangement. There are many types of pizza available in the market like frozen pizza, pepperoni pizza, desert pizza and so on. However, I think microwave frozen pizza is best to have at any time. If you don’t want to eat frozen pizza need not to be worried. I am going to share the best pizza recipe at home.
Pizza dough is one of the most important things which need perfect active dry yeast. You’ve to check the expiration date on yeast packaging! Yeast that is too old may be dead and not functioning.
You can use universal flour instead of the bread flour needed in the recipe, but bread flour contains more gluten than flour for all purposes and produces a crisper crust for your pizza.
The dimensions of the cup can vary depending on how you scoop the flour (we knead the flour, scoop it lightly and align it with a knife). Therefore, I recommend using a kitchen scale to measure the amount of flour by weight. This is the only way to get accurate and consistent measurements for the best pizza recipe.
INGREDIENTS that You Need:
Pizza Dough: Make dough for two 8-10 inch pizzas
• 1 and 1/2 cups (350 ml) warm water (105 ° F-115 ° F)
• 1 packet (2 1/4 tsp) active dry yeast
• 3 3/4 cups (490 g) bread flour
• 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil (skip if you are cooking pizza in a wood oven)
• 2 tbsp of salt
• 1 tsp of sugar
• Extra virgin olive oil
• cornmeal (so the pizza glides on the pizza stone)
• Tomato Sauce (smooth or mashed)
Grated mozzarella cheese
• Fresh soft mozzarella cheese, divided into small lumps
• Fontina cheese, grated
• Parmesan cheese, grated
• Feta cheese, crushed
• Mushrooms, sliced very thin if raw, if not mashed first
• Extracted chili, stems and seeds, cut very thin
• Italian hot chili, thinly sliced
• Italian sausages, cooked and chopped first
• Fresh basil slices
• Arugula baby, thrown in a little olive oil, is added when the pizza comes out of the oven
• Pepperoni, finely chopped
• Onions, thinly sliced, raw or caramelized
• Ham, thinly sliced
• Pizza stone, highly recommended if you want a crispy pizza crust
• Pizza or biscuit crust or baking pan without edgeless
• Pizza wheels for cutting pizza are not needed, but are easier to handle with a knife
Preparation of pizza dough:
- Active the yeast- pour warm water into a large bowl of heavy blender. Sprinkle the yeast with warm water and let them rest for 5 minutes until the yeast dissolves.
Stir after 5 minutes if the yeast has not fully dissolved. The yeast must start to foam or bloom, which indicates that the yeast is still active and alive.
- Prepare and knead the pizza mixture- mix flour, salt, sugar and olive oil with the steering attachment at low speed for one minute. Then replace the mixing pad with the dough hook attachment.
Knead the pizza mixture at low to medium speed with the dough hook for 7-10 minutes.
If you don't have a blender, don’t worry you can mix the ingredients and knead by using your hand.
The dough should not be more sticky. If it's too wet, sprinkle a little more flour.
- Let the mixture rise: apply a thin layer of olive oil on the inside of a large bowl. Place the pizza mixture in a bowl and turn it so that it is buttered. Now cover the dough with a plastic wrap.
Note: Place the mixture in a warm place (75 ° f to 85 ° f) for 1 and1/2 hours so it rises quickly.
For a moderate increase, place the mixture in a normal place at room temperature for 8 hours. If the mixture rises for a long time, store it in the refrigerator for 24 hours (not more than 48 hours). The longer the fermentation, the better flavor and taste you’ll get.
Pizza Dough Freezing Instructions:
After the pizza dough rises, you can use this dough for another pizza day. Divide the dough in two (or the portion size from which you make the pizza). Place it on parchment paper or a bowl with a little flour and place it in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes. Then remove it from the freezer and place it in a separate freezer bag, remove as much air as possible from the bag. Return to the freezer and store for up to 2 to 3 months.
Rest the pizza mixture overnight or in the refrigerator for 5 to 6 hours. Then let the mixture sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before stretching it in the next few steps.
Pizza Preparation Step By Step:
- Preheat the pizza stone (or pizza pan or baking pan): Place the pizza stone on a rack in the lower third of your oven. Preheat the oven to 245 ° C for at least 30 minutes, preferably one hour. If you don't have a pizza stone, you can use a pizza pan or a thick baking pan. You need something that is not curved at high temperatures.
- Divide the dough halves or into two balls: Remove the plastic lid from the dough. Brush your hands with flour and press the mixture down to relax a little. Again divide the dough in two. The shape of two balls of round dough. Place each in a separate bowl, cover with plastic and let it rest for 15 minutes (or up to 2 hours).
- Prepare the decoration or toppings: It is my favorite part. Use toppings according to your preference. But remember one thing do not overload every pizza with lots of toppings because this won't make the crust crispy. About a third cup of each tomato sauce and cheese is enough for a pizza. One or two thinly sliced mushrooms cover the pizza and few olives.
- Flatten the dough ball and spread it in a circle: Process one dough ball at a time, take the dough ball and spread it evenly with your hands on a slightly smeared work surface.
Start from the middle and then work on outwards. Use your fingers to press the dough to a thickness of 1 inch. Roll and stretch the mixture until it extends.
Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes and then stretch it further until it reaches the desired diameter - 8 to 10 inches.
Treat the dough carefully just like your teddy bear!
You can also hold the end of the dough with your fingers and let the dough hang and stretch as you work on the edges of the dough.
If there is a hole in your dough, place the dough on the surface of the flour and squeeze the dough again to cover the hole.
Use your palms to smooth the thicker edges of the dough. Squeeze the edges.
- Brush the mixture with olive oil: Use your fingertips to press the surface of the dough and make it depressed to prevent it from bubbling. Brush the top of the mixture with olive oil (so it doesn't get wet when garnished). Leave for 10-15 minutes.
Repeat with the second dough ball.
- Sprinkle the pizza crust with corn flour, place the flat dough on top: Sprinkle the pizza crust (or a flat baking pan) with a little grits. Move the dough that has been leveled to the pizza pan.
If the dough has lost its shape during transfer, shape it slightly to the desired size.
- Drizzle with tomato sauce and sprinkle with your favorite toppings: Sprinkle tomato sauce with a spoon, sprinkle cheese and place the desired toppings on the top of the pizza.
- Sprinkle cornflour on a pizza stone, put pizza on a pizza stone in the oven: Sprinkle a little cornflour on a brick in the oven. Gently shake the skin to see if the dough slips easily. If not, lift the edges of the pizza a little and add a little cornflour.
Slide the pizza from the tray to the brick in the oven.
- Lets bake the pizza: Coming to the last step, bake the pizza one at a time in the oven at 245 ° C (475 ° F) until the crust turns brown and golden cheese (about 10-15 minutes). If you like, you can sprinkle a little more cheese on it at the end of cooking time. It will enhance the taste and looks yummy!
Therefore, Pizza is one of the amazing dish that nobody regret after eating or spend money on it. And it is one of the best holiday meal ever. However, read our instruction carefully and make the best pizza recipe. After eating the best pizza recipe, your family member will not stop praising. Read our instruction carefully and make the best pizza at home.
Have a wonderful pizza day!