It’s not so easy to have the footage that has a sense of authenticity and conveys the message that you have in your head. And if you search for stock lifestyle footage on the Internet that lives up to your expectations is almost impossible.
But luckily, we’re here to bring you the list of these 5 most affordable stock video resources that have really great footages.
- Consistent 4K quality downloads (every clip is shot with the same camera)
- Full previews of every clip available before purchase
- Very affordable (“pacs” of 30+ clips are $99 & “collections” of 1,100+ clips are $499)
- $50 coupon & 5 free clips for signing up for their email newsletter
- natural performances
- Good range of ethnic and life stage diversity
- Each purchase supports a fellow filmmaker
- Clips come colour graded and ungraded
Filmsupply could be considered as a very aesthetically creative stock video source as they have the most creative filmmakers, but a bit expensive. Their blog and their annual filmmaking conference are highly recommended. They’ve got:
- great website that is well organized
- full previews of every clip available before purchase
- visually stunning footage
- high production value
- unique clips that you can’t shoot yourself or purchase anywhere else
- each purchase supports our fellow filmmakers
Brady, the founder of Story Tape, has built a great team that is dedicated to developing their stock video library and making tutorials for you to share their experience in utilizing the footage.
Story Tape sets their entire catalogue available to you when you sign up for a monthly (or yearly) subscription. We definitely recommend checking them out to see these features:
- access to the entire collection starting as low as $29/mo
- great search/filters functionality on the website
- huge catalogue
- specifically designed with churches in mind
- consistent quality, everything is filmed with the same 4K camera
- clips come graded & ungraded
- high-quality aerial drone footage
At Stokhub, there are multiple contributors shooting with different equipment and different styles, so the quality and content are more varied. Their pricing is incredibly low and for only $300/yr you can get unlimited access to their entire catalogue. Check out their pros:
- free previews of all clips before purchase
- lowest price out of all services @ $300/yr
- good resource for missions footage
- Prores & MP4 download options
Story & Heart emphasizes on “story-driven” footage and curation, their mood-based search engine surfaces clips based on the feelings you wish to convey.
Generally, the footage on Story & Heart tends to have a kind of “cinematic” feel.